Friday 9 August 2013

Missing You...


Unfortunately I won't be at the Valley on Saturday for the visit of tactful Tony Mowbray and his smoggy pals.

Due to booking a sunshine break, way back in April, I took a chance with the fixture list and the cards fell badly.

I was able to visit Bournemouth last Saturday and despite the result, had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

"Since I was young......... etc etc...!"

Truthfully, it was never going to be our day.
 Bournemouth deserved a decent result for their first game back in the Championship and their players seemed to be just the little bit more in command of the game. 
Yann's screamer aside, we looked second best for large periods, despite it being a fairly even encounter.

We could have nicked it of course but after the daylight robbery we performed at the same venue two seasons ago, -when I came perilously close to punching  Jim Davidson in the face with my rather animated added on time celebrations, (he was next to me in the Charlton section), it would have been too much to ask for.

Last season I didn't miss a single home game in the league or our (admittedly rather brief) efforts in the cups.

This year, with the season only a week old, I'll have missed TWO games!

My season ticket is being used as I've handed it to a friend but I can't help feeling a little bit flat about missing the first 'proper' home game.

I will, of course, be following the game via twitter, while I bake my belly in the Greek sunshine.

Give the lads a cheer from me and, in true Curbs programme notes fashion, lets hope the team "Send everyone home happy".

COYA!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Good to see you flying the flag ( well towel anyway )for Charlton out there in Greece Marco. I hope that as you felt moved to blog from Greece you'll be doing so on a regular basis once again when you get home to Blighty. Just don't go upsetting the Smoggies by saying anything disrespectful about Mr Mowbray ! Phil.