Sunday 13 February 2011

Lazy Sunday Afternoon.



We spent Sunday afternoon enjoying the splendid Jazz Cruise on the Thames, as guests of the Bateaux London company.

Once we had grown tired of proclaiming, 'Mmmmm, nice!" to each other, we settled in to a lovely relaxing afternoon, listening to well sung and played Jazz standards and eating food that seemed too good when considering how many customers there were.

We set foot on the beautiful glass roofed boat at about 12:15pm and didn't return to Victoria Embankment until 3pm.
This gave everything a slow, plodding, unhurried atmosphere.

I can't remember the last time I spent nearly 3 hours eating my Sunday lunch.

I'd recommend the experience as it combined two of my favourite activities, 1) eating and 2) admiring the city I love.

We travelled home to Greenwich on the extremely speedy Thames Clipper service to complete a rather nautical day.

Despite it being Sarah's birthday weekend, plus Valentines, I need to say a huge 'thankyou' to Sarah for buying the trip as part of my birthday present back in September.


No comments: