Sunday 11 April 2010

Well Done Pompey!


Portsmouth FC were relegated from the Premiership yesterday but today, they beat a highly fancied Spurs side 2-0, AET, to claim a place in the FA Cup Final.

Nobody gave them a prayer - this was purely a last chance for their supporters to get together and have a good sing song before their return to the Championship.

The Portsmouth fans were immense.
Totally fantastic from start to finish.

The team defended as if their lives depended on it.
They rode their luck at times but only a small fraction of North London would argue that Portsmouth didn't deserve their victory.

Perhaps, with professional albatross and 'World Record' relegated player, Hermann Hreidarsson off the pitch due to injury, Pompey were due a little good luck?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed watching Portsmouth win against Spurs.
I'm slightly worried though as I think I enjoyed it more than any of the Charlton games I've seen recently.
;-)